For the United Brotherhood of Carpenters, the issues that matter are carpenter issues. We work on the things that matter to all of our members--and the contractors who employ them, such as:
- Intelligent labor laws that serve honest workers and honest employers by making the construction industry safer and more honorable for all.
- Fighting employer payroll fraud so law-abiding contractors can bid and win work without facing competitors who illegally lower their labor costs.
- Wage-and-hour laws, the backbone of America's decades-long commitment to fair labor standards.
- Protections like Davis-Bacon prevailing-wage laws that keep bottom-dollar contractors from producing unsafe public buildings without producing any economic benefits.
- Unfair trade agreements that rob American workers of decent jobs and damage our long-term economic security.
- Funding for sensible programs that create decent jobs and stimulate the economy--like infrastructure, schools, and more.
- Pension reform that ensures multi-employer workers receive the full benefits they deserve.